Revised Sweepstakes Rules at Nationals
The rules for team and individual sweepstakes at the AGLOA National Tournament have been as follows:
To be eligible for the sweepstakes award, a team of five or an individual had to:
- Play four games from this list with at least one game from each category:
- Mathematics: Equations and On-Sets
- Language Arts: Propaganda and LinguiSHTIK
- Social Studies: Presidents and World Events (now split into Theme and Current Events)
- For another game, such as WFF’N Proof, to count toward sweepstakes, there must be at least eight teams registered for the game in a division.
At the 2017 Nationals, the rules are modified as follows:
- Each game’s eligibility will first be determined by the minimum of 8 teams entering a game in a Division.
- In addition, the following rules will be followed for both teams and individuals.
Four games will count for both teams or individuals.
One game from Math: Equations and/or On-Sets
One game from Language: Propaganda and/or LinguiSHTIK
One game from Social Studies: Presidents and/or Theme.
If desired, the fourth game may come from WFF’N Proof or Current Events.
Thus, a team or individual may not count all four reading games nor all four cube games.