Last month’s Coaches Tip discussed aggressive play in reading games. Now we consider cube games.
- Equations and On-Sets
- Use the timer on every other player’s turn and especially when opponents are writing or checking Equations.
- Make Bonus moves. If you move two cubes every turn, you are controlling the formation of the Solution more than when you move only one cube per turn. Bonus moves will help you take the lead, at which point you won’t be able to make Bonus moves. But you can employ other strategies to hold onto your advantage.
- Choose challenging variations.
- Use the timer on every other player’s turn and especially when opponents are writing or checking Solutions.
- Choose a complicated sentence pattern.
- Make challenging demands.